Ecommerce websites have become incredibly popular in recent times. More and more entrepreneurs are launching an ecommerce website than ever before. An ecommerce website is a website which enables you to sell goods and services.
What Is Ecommerce?
Ecommerce refers to the sale and purchase of goods and services using an electronic medium. In addition to this, it involves the transfer of data and funds electronically. Typically, it is known as online shopping. Ecommerce web design first began during the 1960s when companies wanted to use EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) for transferring documents. Then, online shopping businesses emerged in the 1990s. The first online purchase that was made on 11th August, 1994 was a Sting CD. It was sold by Net Market, a US retailer. Ecommerce has blown up in the past two decades and has become the go-to option as everyone owns a smartphone or computer today.
What Is An Ecommerce Website?
In the simplest of words, web design in melbourne is an online portal which facilitates online transactions through the transfer of funds. During the early days, ecommerce relied on phone calls and emails. Today, everything is done online.
Types of Ecommerce Websites
There are different types of ecommerce websites as mentioned below.
- B2B (Business-to-Business): It refers to electronic transactions of services and goods between difference companies.
- B2C (Business-to-Consumer): It refers to electronic transactions of services and goods between consumers and businesses.
- C2C (Consumer-to-Consumer): It refers to electronic transactions of services and goods by consumers.
- C2B (Consumer-to-Business): It refers to electronic transactions of services and goods where individuals provide services or products to businesses.
How to Build an Ecommerce Website?
Creating a custom website design melbourne has become a lot easier in the past few years with the emergence of ecommerce website builders. You can either hire an expert to help you create the perfect ecommerce site or create one on your own. The following steps describe how to create an ecommerce website.
- Select a Domain Name: To create an ecommerce store, you first need to choose a domain name. Make sure to select a relevant domain name that contains your brand name.
- Select a Web Hosting Plan: Next, you need to choose a web hosting plan. If you do not know what is web hosting, it is where your website data would be stored. You can choose from a variety of options.
- Install WordPress: If you want to create a WordPress website, you will need to install WordPress. You have to log into your web host, head to the control panel, and choose the WordPress icon. It will require you to enter the domain name for install WordPress.
- Install Plugin: If you are using an ecommerce builder such as WooCommerce, you will need to install the plugin.
- Install and Activate a Theme: Now, you just have to browse through different themes and install one that you like. That is about it. You can start using the website development melbourne by making necessary changes and adding details.